- Posted by Neo Messtechnik
- On 6. September 2021
- 0 Comments
We wanted to know how experienced measurement engineers truly think and feel about their current power quality analysers. Read more about the 6 most common customer complaints and how our newest addition to our product family, the brand-new NEO PQA 7000, answers all of them.
Conducting market research
You asked. We listened.
Over the last years we have carefully listened to customer requests, wish lists and nice-to-haves engineers and partners have shared with us to eventually come up with a new Power Quality Analyser that answers all the questions asked. After an extensive time of developing, testing and further improving the initial design prototype we would like to take you behind the scenes of what makes our latest PQ Analyser that special.
Knowing the power quality market and available instruments
Over the years we have seen many hardware and software suppliers trying hard to serve customers and engineers with measurement equipment. Sometimes with more, other times with less success. Although the requirements have constantly changed throughout the last 20 years, many instrument manufactures seemed to be reluctant to open up to new ideas, hardware or software platforms. While we have seen many new instruments and gimmicks introduced, these changes and adaptions have rarely seem to appreciate and value the long and close partnerships with customers that had been forged over the years.
We are all too aware of this fact because we have seen it from our own experience. And the solution, in our humble opinion, is simple. All it takes is simply to listen. Simply listening to your customer’s wishes and needs over the years and thereby valuing the engineer’s insights that work extensively with your instruments. For us at NEO Messtechnik, it also doesn’t stop there, as the ongoing support and care we give our customers is a key contribution to the overall success of the power quality assessments we are trying to be helpful with. Furthermore, with the overall continual improvement and development of the power quality market as a whole.
So we see it as a big honour and responsibility at the same to align with our customers needs. After taking you through our thought process, it’s probably obvious to you as well to simply go out there, touch base with engineers and customers who we know for quite some time and ask the right questions. After all, this is what we have done and we are proud to share the findings with you.
The 6 most common customer complaints, requests and wishes
- Although we are actually pretty comfortable with our current system, it would be really comfortable to show live data on the screen that we’d choose and like to see.
- Most importantly, we cannot analyse the entire system as we like because we cannot measure current input signals beyond the 50th harmonic.
- Data storage is holding us back, we don’t have the option to extend memory.
- For the new measurement equipment we need to access single devices for monitoring and configuration purposes remotely. The PQ Analyzer needs to be able to do that, the concrete remote software (TeamViewer, FastViewer) is not much of a topic.
- The accuracy needs to hold up throughout the whole frequency range.
- For us, data export and merging is near impossible. It complicates measurement and analyses processes on an ongoing basis not to being able to synchronize data of multiple devices.
NEO PQA 7000
Forging something truly exceptional ..
Understanding the engineer’s perspective is key for us to design and develop products that make it easier to carry out measurement and analyses tasks, especially when they need to be done on a regular basis and with similar setup and data evaluation processes. Summing up, all of the aforementioned challenges of devices on the market and ideas from customers lead us to the PQA 7000.
.. for your benefits – the PQA 7000
Measure higher-frequency currents up to 20 kHz. Enjoy being totally flexible in terms of current sensors and connections.
forget these old bricks ..
it’s not possible to have even more tools integrated. trust us, we tried.
comes in handy 😉
Flexible software ..
that doesn’t stand in your way ..
PQA 7000 Software Highlights
Lately we have been receiving a lot of questions around the PQA 7000 as it was only prominently featured on various images and posts. As we are wrapping up this article, we hope we answered all of them!
Where can I get more information?